I love a good grab-and-go snack but store bought granola bars are often lower in protein. Try this little recipe for a homemade, high protein, and zero-packaging alternative.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup @mumgry chocolate peanut butter
- 5-6 dates
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp cranberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Line a pan with parchment paper
- Add almonds and dates to a food processor (or bullet) with a few tablespoons of water.
- Add date purée to a large bowl and then add all other ingredients (use your hands if necessary)
- Press onto the pan in a rectangular shape and let cool in the fridge
- Once the granola bar is cooled, slice into bars and enjoy!