Stong’s Markets is seeking a passionate, people-oriented leader to fill an amazing career opportunity as a Store Manager. This is a great opportunity for an individual who places equal emphasis on both customer and employee engagement, excels at relationship building, and has a hands-on, collaborative approach in leadership and decision making.
With two current locations, Stong’s is a 100% BC owned independent grocer, well-known for its vast selection and abundance of local grocery products, along with a strong tradition of community involvement!
- Leads and inspires their team to ensure a positive customer shopping experience;
- Manages the daily operations of the store from front to back;
- Manages and increases store profitability and sales through effective budgeting, merchandising, controlling expenses and driving sales;
- Oversees all store departments and provides guidance to employees where necessary;
- Schedules and budgets labour costs and hours based on departmental demands;
- Develops and mentors current and future management candidates within the store;
- Builds and maintains positive vendor relationships;
- Evaluates staff member performance and provides appropriate feedback;
- Assists in recruiting, training, and on boarding of new hires;
- Complies with health and safety regulations as well as company policies and procedures;
- Attends on-site, off-site and conference call meetings with upper management and/or employees;
- Gets involved in the local community and is a strong ambassador for the Stong’s brand
Experience & Education:
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience working in a retail environment, in a supervisory or management position leading a team of 100-150 employees
- Previous experience working within a unionized environment
- Successful completion of secondary school
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Previous experience using a POS System
- Currently eligible to work in Canada
Leadership Competencies desired:
- Leads by example providing impeccable customer service skills
- Inspires, leads and motivates others to high performance, using outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Embraces new and innovative ideas with the ability to be a strong agent for change
- Demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure, in a fast paced environment
- Innovates and thinks outside the box
- Prioritizes and delegates tasks in order to meet strict deadlines
- Shows strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Has a flexible schedule, including working early mornings, daytime, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Is not afraid to get their hands dirty and work alongside his or her team. Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Is proficient in using MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and time and attendance software for employee management
- Places a high degree of value on self development and is not afraid to learn new skills.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence (own transportation is an asset)
- First Aid Certificate – Level 1
Stong’s offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, group insurance, and more.
Thank you in advance to all candidates for their interest in working at Stong’s. Please note that only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!