Position Location: North Vancouver
Stong’s Market in North Vancouver is seeking a passionate, people-oriented leader to fill a rewarding career opportunity as a Grocery Manager. This is a great opportunity for an individual who places equal emphasis on both customer and employee engagement, excels at relationship building, and has a hands-on, collaborative approach in leadership and decision making.
With two current locations, Stong’s is a BC owned and family operated independent grocer, well-known for its abundance of local grocery products and community involvement. This position will work closely with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager to ensure smooth operation of the Grocery department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective management of the backroom, dairy cooler, and freezer. Maintain inventory organization and ensure effective rotation and date checking
- Work with the grocery team to Build creative displays and merchandise product.
- Oversee the maintenance of shelves, displays, and grocery product on the sales floor to an acceptable standard.
- Demonstrating high quality customer service and interpersonal skills
- Overseeing and assisting Grocery and Dairy Clerks
- Scheduling staff for effective coverage
- Communicating, delegating and following up on daily tasks
- Motivating others to create high level performance
- Interviewing and hiring potential new applicants
- Writing and conducting performance reviews/appraisals
- Holding regular department and team meetings
- Ensuring all required training is provided on company policies, procedures and reports
- Recognizing and rewarding good performance
- Teaching and training Staff
- Developing future leaders
- Retail Grocery experience
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a willingness to take on new challenges and risks
- Strong leadership abilities
- Friendly, courteous, people oriented and mature
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Ability to work under pressure and produce high quality work
- Very strong communication skills for both positive and negative issues
How to Apply: To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, drop off your resume at either of our store locations (4221 Dunbar Street, Vancouver or 2150 Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver) or visit stongs.com/careers/ to apply online
Stong’s offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, group insurance, and more.
Thank you in advance to all candidates for their interest in working at Stong’s. Please note that only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!