Position Location: Vancouver & North Vancouver
Stong’s is a full service retail grocery store, established in 1910 in Toronto by the Stong Brothers, Carson and Joseph. We are 100% BC owned and operated. At Stong’s Market, we offer a wide selection of products – far more than your average grocery store. We carry all major national brands as well as an extensive selection of unique, gourmet, natural and organic products. We pride ourselves on being local and in turn support local suppliers large and small.
Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for a career in grocery retail.
Our new Fresh Concept features a full service Café, Wood Stone Pizza Oven, Gourmet Antipasti & Fresh Bar, Scratch Artisan Bakery, Creative Home Meal Replacement Programs, Full Service Hot food counter, BBQ & Rotisserie. This is a great job opportunity for anyone looking to gain experience working in a highly regarded fully local & independent grocery store.
Position Overview: As part of our Deli/HMR team, you will be responsible for ensuring we always deliver the highest standards of quality food and customer service. Our Food Service clerks play an important role in ensuring our customers are able to find the products they are looking for.
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service
- Offering Samples to customers
- Hot and cold food preparation, including sandwiches, chickens, salads, soups and specialty trays
- Use of commercial power equipment, including slicers and ovens
- Writing product orders
- Receiving and rotation of product
- Filling product display cases
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous relevant experience in a grocery/restaurant/hotel/café environment preferred
- Basic food handling and preparation knowledge
- Food Safe Level 1 Certified an asset
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.) and safely operate kitchen equipment
- Able to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
How to Apply: Feel free to pop by either of our locations and speak to one of the managers on duty. You can also apply online at with the form to the right or email your resume, position, hours availability and preferred location to email@example.com.