Position Location: North Vancouver & Vancouver
Stong’s is a full service retail grocery store, established in 1910 in Toronto by the Stong Brothers, Carson and Joseph. We are 100% BC owned and operated. At Stong’s Market, we offer a wide selection of products – far more than your average grocery store. We carry all major national brands as well as an extensive selection of unique, gourmet, natural and organic products. We pride ourselves on being local and in turn support local suppliers large and small.
Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for a career in grocery retail.
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy giving our customers the best shopping experience.
Position Overview: As part of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring we always deliver the highest standards of quality food and customer service. Our Deli clerks play an important role in ensuring our customers are able to find the products they are looking for. Food Safety is a top priority to our customers and all of our Deli employees do their best to uphold the highest standards that are in place. Full training is provided for this position.
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service
- Offering Samples to customers
- Hot and cold food preparation, including sandwiches, chickens, salads, soups and specialty trays
- Use of commercial power equipment, including slicers and ovens
- Writing product orders
- Receiving and rotation of product
- Filling product display cases
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong customer service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
How to Apply: Feel free to pop by either of our locations and speak to one of the managers on duty. You can also apply online at with the form to the right or email your resume, position, hours availability and preferred location to email@example.com.