blue bird provisions
Born out of the kitchen of an injured ultramarathon runner, Bluebird Provisions is dedicated to sharing the gift of health through delicious organic bone broth.
Traditional long and slow simmer techniques make for a nourishing broth that’s perfect for sipping or cooking.
You get protein, whole food collagen and hydrating electrolytes in one soothing beverage. Try some today and let me know what you think.
Sugar Free BBQ Sauce with Bone Broth
This sugar free BBQ sauce recipe will blow your mind. It’s smokey, sweet and tangy, all in one.
Transform your next bbq or dinner with a whole food, homemade bbq sauce. You’ll be amazed at how quick and easy this BBQ sauce is to make.
Some store-bought BBQ sauces, while delicious, are full of sugar and additives. Sugar is used as a preservative and a sweetener. While it makes foods taste great, large amounts are not great for your health.
You might be thinking to yourself: sugar free is usually code for bland. Nobody wants that. What you get with this recipe is a smokey, sweet and tangy bbq sauce in 5 minutes. It keeps in the fridge so you can use it as a dip or sauce on just about anything.
You simply whisk together all ingredients in a saucepan and you have a flavourful BBQ sauce for dipping, marinating or grilling.
- 1 cup Organic Beef Bone Broth (if you want to make your own, try this recipe here)
- 2 small cans of Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Monkfruit sweetener (to taste; or any sweetener of choice)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Liquid hickory smoke
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is slightly thick (longer if you prefer a thicker sauce).
- Pour into a clean air tight container and enjoy!
- Refrigerate for up to 14 days.
Recipe from Connor Meakin, founder of Bluebird Provisions Organic Bone Broth.