Arugula, sweet pears, and rounds of crispy panko-crusted goat cheese served with a simple Dijon vinaigrette.
Servings: 4 people
Balsamic Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1 container (142g) baby arugula
- 1/2 cup pecan halves toasted
- 1 red or bosc pear halved, cored and sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 150 g pkg soft, fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup panko seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Form goat cheese into 6-8 equal rounds. Place on plate and put in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. In a small jar, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, salt & pepper. Put lid on jar and shake to combine.
- Add arugula, toasted pecans and pear slices to salad bowl.
Prepare the goat cheese. Place oil in sauce pan over medium-high heat. Remove goat cheese from freezer, dip in egg and roll in panko, pressing gently so that crumbs stick. Add goat cheese rounds to pan and brown for 2 minutes until golden then flip and repeat. Place on paper towel to remove any excess oil then add to salad, serve with vinaigrette and enjoy!