- Chicken Breasts (1-2 people per breast)
- A variety of Fresh Herbs – with stems on
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) & Butter
- Roasted Tomato Soup (about 1 cup)
- Small Leeks, sliced on angles
- Cauliflower Florets
- Asparagus Tips (top half)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Lemon Zest
- Firm Feta (cooked) or Soft (fresh)
- Spices of your choice, such as Smoked Paprika, Chili Flakes
- A variety of Fresh Herbs – the tops!
- Heat the Roasted Tomato Soup slowly to reduce and thicken into a sauce
- Add harder Herb whole such as Rosemary and remove when reduced
Herbed Chicken Breast
- Take stems off the Fresh Herbs, and cut off woody or dirty end 1/4”
- Place in vacuum-sealed double-ziplock or Sous Vide bag with Chicken Breasts and freeze or refrigerate a few days to let the Herb flavors settle into the meat.
- Place the bag – from frozen or defrosted – in a Sous Vide or pot of consistent temperature water
- Sous Vide – 1-4hrs at 60dC/140dF
- Once cooked, remove any remaining Herbs, dry off, and high-heat sear quickly in a cast iron pan with EVOO/Butter. Rest a few minutes, slice on an angle.
- Add warmed/reduced Roasted Tomato Soup, and top with fresh cut Herbs.
Fresh Herb & EVOO Mix
- Take the fragrant tops off the fresh Herbs and puree in a Vitamix or blender with the juice of 1-2 Lemons. Finish off with a coating of EVOO and Salt/Pepper to taste.
- Freeze portions in an ice-cube tray for use in a wide variety of dishes and dressings!
- Chop selected Vegetables into similar-sized pieces.
- Toss with a dash of EVOO, Salt/Pepper, Lemon Zest, and Chili Flakes.
- Place most dense Vegetables into a 400d oven for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and toss together for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven when fork-tender.
- While still hot, toss with a defrosted cube of Fresh Herb Mix Puree.
- Check Seasonings. Add crumbled soft Feta.