Location: Our Dunbar Store (4221 Dunbar St, Vancouver, BC V6S 2G1)
We are looking for a Cafe Manager to organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service. As part of our “Replenish” coffee shop team, you will be responsible for ensuring that we always deliver the highest standards of beverages and superb customer service. Replenish offers a wide assortment of handcrafted beverages, in addition to grab-and-go food items and a large selection of kombucha.
Cafe Manager responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, milk and snacks, as needed. To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
If you feel that this describes you, we hope you apply!
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Prepare various types of coffee, espresso, tea, and other beverages meeting the Company’s quality standards
- Process cash register payments by cash, credit card, gift card, and debit
- Efficiently organize, lead, and assess daily café operations; including oversight of the opening and closing procedures of the coffee shop
- Create and maintain optimal team member scheduling, ensuring target labor costs are met
- Ensure strict adherence to health and safety regulations
- Discovers and responds to customer needs and concerns
- Negotiate discounts and production agreements with food, coffee, and other suppliers
- Maintain control over inventory through weekly stock counts, inventory level management
- Manage the costing for both coffee and food items
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Abel to meet a flexible with work schedule including weekends, early morning and evenings
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff and customers
- A proven team player and who is also team-focused
- Strong problem solving and in-the-moment decision-making skills, process improvement, strategic planning, verbal communication, customer focus, management proficiency
- Skilled at prioritizing tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Able to function well in a high-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a post-secondary program related to hospitality or food and beverage service management
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing restaurants/coffee shops and supervising operations and staff
- A minimum of 2 years of barista experience
- Experience operating a point-of-sale systems
- Must be able to stand during scheduled shift, withstand repetitive walking, reaching, and bending for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
Stong’s Market is a locally owned, community focused grocery store. We offer a wide variety of local and boutique products at both our Vancouver and North Vancouver full-service locations. Our Stong’s Market Express Department are experts at home delivery straight to your front door. The Stong’s name has a rich history with over 85 years of grocery experience and we are committed to a unique and family friendly grocery shopping experience
Stong’s Market is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Stong’s Market is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals during the recruitment process. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please notify the hiring manager when contacted for an interview.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply online at stongs.com/careers/ or email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You’re also welcome to stop by the store!