Strawberry Chicken Salad With Poppyseed Dressing
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breast, seasoned with salt and pepper (or lemon pepper and Barbarians or other steak spice
- 4-6 cups salad greens(whatever you prefer – the crunchiness of romaine would be nice)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced, sprinkled with lemon juice
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsps honey
- ¼ cup pureed strawberries
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Chill until needed.
- Grill chicken breasts until cooked through and juices run clear, approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
- Let cool, then slice diagonally.
- Arrange salad greens on individual plates. Top with slices of grilled chicken, avocado and strawberries. Sprinkle with onion and toasted almonds decoratively over top. Pour over dressing and serve.