Position Location: Dunbar, Vancouver
Stong’s is a full service retail grocery store, established in 1910 in Toronto by the Stong Brothers, Carson and Joseph. We are 100% BC owned and operated. At Stong’s Market, we offer a wide selection of products – far more than your average grocery store. We carry all major national brands as well as an extensive selection of unique, gourmet, natural and organic products. We pride ourselves on being local and in turn support local suppliers large and small.
Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for a career in grocery retail.
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy giving our customers the best shopping experience.
Position Overview: As part of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring we always deliver the highest standards of quality food and customer service. Our Meat clerks play an important role in ensuring our customers are able to find the products they are looking for. Food Safety is a top priority to our customers and all of our Meat employees do their best to uphold the highest standards that are in place. Full training is provided for this position.
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service
- Stocking product to cases and shelves such
- Maintaining and building merchandise displays
- Rotation of product
- Loading and unloading of product
- Backroom and inventory management
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong customer service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift between 20-50 lbs
- Frequent bending, walking, standing, twisting, pushing or pulling
How to Apply: Feel free to pop by our Dunbar location and speak to one of the managers on duty. You can also apply online at with the form to the right or email your resume, position, hours availability and preferred location to firstname.lastname@example.org.