Position Location: North Vancouver & Vancouver
Stong’s is a full service retail grocery store, established in 1910 in Toronto by the Stong Brothers, Carson and Joseph. We are 100% BC owned and operated. At Stong’s Market, we offer a wide selection of products – far more than your average grocery store. We carry all major national brands as well as an extensive selection of unique, gourmet, natural and organic products. We pride ourselves on being local and in turn support local suppliers large and small.
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy giving our customers the best shopping experience.
Experience: No previous experienced required
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Prepare drinks for customers
- Run the till
- Food Prep
- Food Assembly
- Keeping the Café clean
- Any other duties as assigned by the Store Management Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong Customer Service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Constant lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Constant reaching, gripping
- Frequent bending, walking, standing, twisting, pushing or pulling
- Occasional lifting of up to 20-50 pounds
- Occasional computer and point of sale system use
- Occasional crouching, kneeling, squatting
How to Apply: Feel free to pop by either of our locations and speak to one of the managers on duty. You can also apply online at with the form to the right or email your resume, position, hours availability and preferred location to email@example.com.
Hear from Our Cafe Manager
Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for a career in grocery retail.